No one likes to think about the massive amount of work it takes to close down the yard and garden at the end of a fun outdoor entertaining season. Unfortunately, it does need to be done every year in order to keep your yard not only looking clean and well manicured but in order to keep your lawn healthy as well. Arrowhead Landscaping offers a fall clean up service that can make your lawn aesthetically pleasing and ensure a healthy start next spring.
Benefits of a Fall Clean Up
- Avoid a Pest Haven – Fall leaves that have been sitting in the nooks and crannies of your yard for weeks are a perfect place for pests to set up shop. From a mosquito sanctuary to a nesting ground for mice, leaves are a haven of warmth and moisture if left around for the winter.
- Avoid Bare Patches – Come spring when it is time to start caring for your lawn and garden again, areas where leaves and debris were left can spell trouble for the grass. A mound of leaves can smother and kill the delicate grass beneath. Avoid having to reseed large areas in the spring by removing your fallen leaves with Arrowhead.
- One Last Feeding for the Lawn – With a comprehensive fall clean up, homeowners have one last opportunity to feed the lawn to make it through these tough New England winters. The grass may go dormant, but it will need nutrients to help it survive. In addition to the last feeding, many homeowners find that aerating the lawn can help get the oxygen, water, and nutrients down to the roots before everything freezes up for the winter.
- Remove Debris from Gutters – Most of us think about the lawn and garden when we consider fall cleanups, but cleaning out the gutters at this time can mean avoiding ice dams and potential leaks caused by cluttered gutters.
- Shut Down the Irrigation System – Given that New England can see some pretty low temps and snows measured in feet rather than inches, it is a smart idea to have your irrigation system professionally drained or “blown out.” This is a way to ensure that no trapped water can freeze in your pipes and cause damage underground where you can’t inspect.
If you need a Fall Clean up that will not only ensure your yard is looking clean and well manicured but also healthy and ready when the ground thaws, call Arrowhead Landscaping at (978) 774-4487.